Saturday 10 April 2021

First Trip Out Today,

the park packed with cars,


the refurbishment of the park and its facilities have proved so popular,

that even though there is a lockdown in place and it is not really summertime, the car park has proved to be woefully inadequate, so parking on the grass verges it is then,

I made my way past the Beckenham Green,

and church,

to M & S for the first of today's shopping, next stop home and a coffee, then out again, but with a bit of drama, I did not stop to look, but a few hundred yards past our home in the road there were 4 police cars with their blues on and a paddy wagon, 

for myself I was off to W. H. Smiths, for a couple of reams of printer paper,

next to Sainsburys, fully loaded down again I was off back home,

where there was now only one police car, the paddy wagon gone, but replaced by two unmarked police SUVs, I wonder what happened to warrant such a turn out?

by now Diana was at work, so a solitary 'Cheers!', from myself,

all set for the evening, a starter of pate and dry toast,

for my main course as I enjoyed them so much last week,

another dish of toad in the hole,

followed by fresh pineapple for dessert, I listened to music until the midnight hour,

then at 00.45 AM Diana called, so off to the bus stop,

hopefully on Monday these, some of the many shops on the High Street, will be allowed to open, we made our way home where it was feet up for a chat before we were off to bed.


No comments: