Friday 23 April 2021

I Was Going To Help Steve And Kai,

move a few heavy things at their home,


so a walk past the cherry trees in the park,

which are looking really nice against the clear blue sky,

walking towards Steve and Kai's on the way the trees now starting to open their new leaves for this year,

also a number of cherry trees,

are putting on a good show, heavy lifting completed and I was back home, Diana had left for work, so it was feet up for some afternoon television, after my evening meal I had a surprise, there were two 1 hour documentaries back to back, both with people from my personal Hall of Fame,

 the first about Joseph Frank Keaton, known professionally as Buster Keaton, above as I have watched him so may times in the film The General, a film set in the American Civil War, which of course when it was filmed was just about only one generation away from
of survivors of the conflict, he was an American actor, comedian, film director, producer, screenwriter, and stunt performer, even though I thought I knew a bit about him there was so much I had never realised, 

the second documentary about someone in my personal Hall of Fame was Sergei Mikhailovich Eisenstein he was a Soviet film director and film theorist, a pioneer in the theory and practice of montage. He is noted in particular for his silent films Strike, Battleship Potemkin and October, as well as the historical epics Alexander Nevsky and Ivan the Terrible, I actually have 4 of those 5 in my collection, and over the years have watched all 4 at least twice, what a director! just before10.00 Diana called, so off to the bus stop and back, just in time for a New Tricks, after which we were off to bed.


No comments: