Saturday 24 April 2021

I Decided To Take A Bus,

to the other side of town,


so it was a question of 'any minute now',

no sooner thought than I arrived at the war memorial, a flag flying in the distance and a London bus completed the scene,

the cinema soon hopefully opening, banking finished,

I arrived back at Foxgrove Lodge, the wisteria on the building,

just starting to show the first few flowers,

the cherry trees now in full bloom,

it was soon time for my evening read and sherry,

I started with a slice of gala pie along with coleslaw and potato salad,

followed by a cold roasted chicken,

rounding off the meal with strawberries and cream,

next stop the club, Steve very kindly picked me up,

drinking outside of course, in the distance the groundsmen getting the bits and pieces for the cricket season ready,

did I mention it was really cold?

'Cheers!',

the bar staff were kept busy taking orders on the telephone as well as serving and picking up the empty glasses,

there were a few more people than last week, braving the cold,

as the sun set we made a move for home, Steve called in for a coffee, after he left it was time to pick Diana up from the bus stop, we had a chat, a coffee and we were soon off to bed.


No comments: