Sunday 12 September 2021

Diana Left For Work,

for myself it was boots on,


and out to the front of the building, where residents park their cars, the undergrowth was taking over,

so it was out with the secateurs, as it happens I also had a two handed pair of pruning shears,

which really made things easy,

all done, I did the same thing last year, it is surprising how quickly the holly and other shrubs grow,

time for a sherry and a read,

tonight I am starting on The Naturalist on the River Amazons: A Record of Adventures, Habits of Animals, Sketches of Brazilian and Indian Life, and Aspects of Nature under the Equator, during Eleven Years of Travel, a bit of a long title, I only read about 50 pages, but what a really good it was, starting 1848 the adventure does exactly what it says in the books full title, I am engrossed with the book already, 

time for starters, a couple of onion bhajis and vegetable samosa's,

eyes down and tuck in!

for my main course, chicken tikka masala and chicken jalfrezi with pulao rice, 

'Cheers!', I was so full I did not have a dessert, after my meal a short read, the reason I stopped reading was that tonight there was a real treat on the television, the Last Night of the Proms

the star of the evening, Ksenija Sidorova who is the first accordion player to be a soloist at the Last Night of the Proms, and of course all of the old favourites were there, 

the sailors hornpipe as popular as ever, 

and it would not be the Proms without Land of Hope and Glory, 

finishing with Rule Britannia, how I wish we were there, as it happens two and a half years or so ago we bought tickets for a meal and concert at the Albert Hall, but due to the virus the performance has been delayed time after time, but hopefully the 400 voice choir with accompanying orchestra will be able to perform soon, after Diana called it was feet up for a coffee and a chat before we were off to bed.


No comments: