Thursday 16 September 2021

The Second Part Of Todays Post

and now the fun begins!


Diana had the equivalent of a fist full of dollars,

and was going to spend them,

on motorcycles,

cars,

and shoot them ups,

and a trip to Jurassic Park,

that really got her attention!

we both had a play at this,

one last go around the GP circuit, a few visit ago to Brighton I took a few photographs with the infra red camera and played with a few of them, 

eventually I ended up with this one, that I like to call stranger on the shore, as I mentioned in the post for some reason I always associate Brighton with the song Stranger On The Shore, by Acker Bilk,

a slightly different seascape today,

a trip in here might be on the cards later,

and speaking of cards,

looking towards Black Rock,

a quick pose,

or two,

it has to be said,

the crowds are not here now,

the end of the season is in sight,

we nearly had the place our to ourselves,

this ride was still going,

but most of the others,

had staff but no customers,

this looked fun, but not for us!

the ghost house,

with only the Munster waiting,

I remember this helter skelter from my visits here in the early 1950s, I wonder if it is the same one!

this ride being taken apart,

the horses being put out to pasture for the winter,

the tower in the distance,

'Cheers!',

I said we might pop in here,

and for Diana,

a proper cocktail,

which was a lot more alcoholic than Diana had thought!

so I had to have a second whilst Diana finished hers,

as we were making our way back the clouds started rolling in,

but the weather had been kind to us,

we left the fun fair behind,

as we made our way back,

stopping for a pose,

or two on the way,

I was looking at these two anglers,

and could not help wondering,

if they had any luck,

this stall was so bright,

with all manner of goods for sale,

I am not sure what they are, but they seemed to be popular,

and these insanely so,

pieces of plastic that have bubbles that you can burst like bubble wrap,

we were soon off of the pier,

and looking at where we would have lunch,

walking past the zip line,

and the entrance to the pier,

we made our way to Harry Ramsden's fish and chip parlour, Diana ordered the food and drink using an app on her telephone, it was a good job she was here, I would not have a clue!

'Cheers!',

fish and chips for Diana,

Diana went with the small fish,

for myself two battered sausages, both of us having baked beans and gherkins,

eyes down and tuck in,

meal finished,

we turned our back on the pier,

and made our way past the bus,

I explained to Diana,

how people could hop on and off of the bus,

with the open rear entrance,

we made our way into the lanes,

one of the many attractions of Brighton,

if you remember what Quadrophenia was all about, and you were one or the other, you are as old as I am!

nearly there,

as we passed the Royal Pavilion,

look for the sign,

and there it is,

the Lanes,

at first plenty of space,

and a few public houses,

and shops,

but it soon becomes clear why they are called The Lanes,

lots of shops,

with very narrow pavements in-between them,

predominantly jewellers shops,

which could not have suited Diana better!

window shopping at its finest,

but for myself a real treat, we normally go to Brighton on a Sunday when The Lanes Armoury is closed,

so all I can do is look in the window,

and dream about what I can put in my man attic, but as today was Wednesday,

 the shop was open, and the two very kind gentlemen there allowed me to take some photographs, 

like the stamp shop,

I was in seventh heaven,

what an absolute treat,

nothing could have been better,

Diana was window shopping jewellery,

I was window shopping militaria,

I could have spent all day in there!

again if you are like myself a trip to Brighton is worth it just for this one shop,

I joined Diana at one of the jewellers,

we started our way out of the Lanes,

passing this piece of street art,

and nice it looked too,

a detail from it,

we started towards the station,

after looking in a shop or two,

Diana as usual all smiles,

past the church,

and clock tower,

some one with a sense of humour decorated a telephone cable box,

it seems like time has stood still!

we passed the stamp shop on our way back to the station, what a fabulous shop this is as well as the armoury,

nearly there,

not many travellers today,

we had plenty of time to buy a nice coffee for the journey home,

so time to relax,

after the coffee I grabbed a few ZZZZZ's well all of that walking and sea air makes one a little tired!

we soon arrived in Croydon, so on to the tram to Beckenham,

where O'Neil's was calling,

'Cheers!',

we made our way past Foxgrove Lodge,

and it's garden,

a final pose,

and we were home, I am not sure what is gong on further down the road, but there it is, indoors it was feet up, Diana watched a film and I spent the evening typing most of the blog, after a New Tricks and a nightcap we were off to bed.


2 comments:

jpo5626 said...

Dear Stan & Diana
Nice day trip at the end of the season. You need to schedule another day to visit that stamp shop in detail. Mods and Rockers….seems like yesterday….where did all the time go?
Regards John & Alley

PattayaStan said...

Dear john and Alley, yes the summer is drawing in, but we have a couple more trips planned, this weekend with Steve and Kai we are going to Snowdonia and the island of Anglesey, as for the stamp shop my passion is Cinderella stamps, that are not really stamps but printed as commemoratives, alas nether upstairs or downstairs had any, but there were so many others to look at, also in Bromley that there is a stamp shop, I am still waiting for it to open again, I will be visiting that when it does.
You are so right, where did the time go? it seems only a few years ago when I bought my first motorcycle, I was 14 years old, it was a non running Francis Barnett, the cost? £2 10 shillings and 3 packs of 20 Benson and Hedges cigarettes, those were the days! best regards, Stan and Diana.