Sunday 26 September 2021

I Had To Pick Up My Medication Today,

so I walked with Diana into town,



I left her at the bus stop,

and made my way past the church,

to Boots the chemist, where it was bad news, although I had given the usual 48 hours notice, for some reason my medication had not arrived, so I was told to call back at 2.00 in the afternoon, I said I would give the delivery the benefit of the doubt and call in at 3.00 in the afternoon,

so on to the weekends shopping, for our Sunday roast a joint of pork,

arriving home Matt from the maintenance company that looks after our building was there and needed the key to the cellar, all of the gas and electric meters are there, but the door has swollen making it difficult to enter, also he repair the fence at the side of the building that had blown down in a gale some time ago,

whilst having a coffee one of the crows called by, so I opened the window for them to have a few
peanuts,

by now it was nearly 3.00 in the afternoon,

some another walk into town, I entered Boots and then got some good and bad news, yes your medication is here the assistant said holding up a small paper bag, which he then put down with the comment, "but I can not give them to you as the pharmacist is not here', I felt like grabbing the bag and having it away on my toes, I had to wait for the pharmacist to arrive, which after15 minutes or so he did, he looked at the bag, asked "Mr. Kemp?" I replied yes and he gave me the bag without even looking into it, I know it is the law, but sometimes thigs like this are so silly, he had no way of knowing what was in the bag, that was all down to the assistants that packed the medication,

back home through the High Street,

a read and a 'Cheers!',

for tonight Wiltshire honey roast ham,

then another read, one of the many things I like about the book, is that every so often there is an illustration describing what has been seen,

also each chapter has a few notes as to what the chapter is about,

I read about 40 pages, before my main meal,

chicken in a red wine sauce, I am getting to be quite a dab hand at this heating food up malarkey, I have not burnt my hand or fingers for at least 4 weeks now as I take the food out to give it a stir halfway through cooking,

mango, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries for a nice healthy dessert, 

I then settled down for the The Good The Bad and the Ugly, we had watched the film before, but it was still good fun to watch again, after that finished quite fortuously Diana called, after arriving home it was feet up for a coffee before we were then off to bed.


2 comments:

jpo5626 said...

Stan & Diana-we watch The Good, The Bad and the Ugly every two years or so as one of our favorite movies. We always enjoy Tuco but he can’t be trusted. Entire Eastwood series was excellent work and is still in demand today…from a different time in the golden era. Glad you could enjoy again!
Regards
John & Alley

PattayaStan said...

Dear John and Alley, yes it really is a great movie to watch time and again, but here we differ about Tuco, he is the only person that I 100% trust, the others can be a little bit grey in the trust area but Tuco I trust 100%, to always be a liar, a cheat, a thief and only out for himself! best regards, Stan and Diana.