Thursday 16 September 2021

Only One Post Again Today,

and I have split into two parts as there are so many photographs,



glad rags on and we were out,

to Beckenham Junction to catch the tram to East Croydon to take the express to Brighton, as usual our luck was out, we had paid 40% extra to catch the express with only 2 stops to Brighton, but the TFL that the mayor of London runs, cancelled the early trams, so with along with many others we watched and waited for over 30 minutes as the trams were a no show, thanks a bunch Transport For London and the mayor,

on the good new front, we had allowed extra time, just in case,

so all was sort of well,

but instead of having a nice cup of coffee, it was just from a vending machine as the train was nearly leaving, still it could have been worse, at least we caught the train we had paid for!

in no time at all we were, past Gatwick airport,

and soon arrived in Brighton,

and walking past the gayly decorated public houses with their hanging baskets of flowers,

I just had to stop when I saw this sign,

looking inside I was amazed at the selection,

of memorabilia,

so many stamps, toys, brochures and programs, it was totally amazing,

I could have spent more than a few days just looking around,

I chatted with the owner who informed me there were even more delights downstairs,

and there were,

box after box of first day covers and postcards, what an Aladdin's cave I had truly stumbled upon!

the shop is called Costal Stamp Auctions,

if you leave the station and walk towards the sea you will pass it on your right hand side, if your interests are like mine, a trip to Brighton is worth it just for this shop alone,

we continued walking towards the sea,

past the clock which is correct twice a day,

on the right past one of Diana's favourite stores,

we arrived at the sea front,

the viewing bubble on the way up,

a quick look at the now wrecked and abandon pier,

this is where we were going,

the champagne and oyster bar on our way,

looking back, blue skies,

out at sea, the wind farm, 

we passed the oyster bar, to be honest I am great with the champagne, but the oysters are not really me,

down on the beach the bars getting ready to open,

ancient and modern, the old pier and the bubble,

we continued our walk,

looking down on some exhibits from the fishing museum,

well I had to have a pose,

as did Diana,

I am not sure what it is called at the end of the pier, but the ride is defiantly not us!

another quick pose,

or two,

another one of those clocks that is only correct twice a day,

a look at the working pier,

and the one that alas will never be used again,

now if you look carefully,

you might, (or might not), see Diana and myself in the reflection,

this bus brought back so many memories of my misspent youth,

not much further,

I mentioned to Diana we could hire one of these, Diana could pedal and I would steer, you can imagine the reply,

only a few more steps,

and we were under the clocktower,

and on the pier itself,

and making our way to the fun section,

well I just had to have a pose,

or two, 

as did Diana,

looking back along the shore,

the sea a lot calmer than our last visit, I am going to stop here, if you wish to see the rest of our day in Brighton just click on the 'Older Posts' button on the bottom right of the page.


No comments: