Saturday 11 September 2021

I Am Guessing That Whilst Many Of Us Would Like To Be The Characters We See On Film,

very few of us actually live the dream,


 here is an exception, Nicolas Gentile, a 37-year-old fan of Tolkien’s fantasy, decided he wanted more than just to read about the life of his favourite characters, the hobbits, so he started living as a real-life hobbit himself, photograph Nicolas Gentile, a pastry chef by training, Nicolas Gentile grew up reading J.R.R. Tolkien’s books and watching the popular Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movie trilogies, “Some time ago, I realized that books and films were no longer enough for me to satisfy my passion for the fantasy genre and, in particular, for the Lord of the Rings saga,” Nicolas Gentile told The Guardian. “I was still reading about the lives of other people. I decided that I wanted to live my hobbit life to the fullest.” he bought two hectares of land in the hill-covered countryside of Abruzzo, in central Italy,

He and his family have been living there ever since as Hobbits, dressing as hobbits, dancing, singing, and preparing local dishes, but now he wants to move onto bigger things, he wants to crowdfund approximately $1.7 million in order to build a full-size hobbit village called the “Gentile County.” Gentile told Insider Magazine, “This project does not aim to make a profit, if I had wanted to get rich, I would have invested in bitcoin! All I want is to meet people like me, who have the same magic in their eyes and a love for the simple things in life, who enjoy dinner with friends and an adventure in the woods now and then.” it sounds sort of great providing there are modern toilets and television, oh, and wi-fi, cookers and central heating, and of course a fridge freezer and all else that goes with electricity, wait a minute I think I will stay at home!


No comments: